This is for the beauty bloggers and influencers out there.
I was browsing Instagram pages to take a look at the user’s Highlight thumbnail designs and I noticed they were all pretty similar in the beauty industry. There would be a pastel coloured background with a gold/metallic icon, a gradient background with a black or white icon, or a solid coloured background with text written on top. Now, I’m not saying there is anything wrong with these. Some of them are done very well.
Though, as I was scrolling through these highlights and page-hopping, I thought, why not try to design a version that’s a little more unique?
That’s when I chose to make:
Retro Pop Art Social Media Designs
I began with the highlight thumbnails. After sorting through the pages, I decided there were a minimum of approximately 6 common topics that beauty bloggers post under.
- Nail Art
- Hair Styles
- Fashion or #OOTD
- Lip Art
Next, I decided that it would be better to make a complete set of assets to form a full look.
- 2 Instagram Squares (for the feed)
- 1 Instagram Story
(both can also be used for Facebook & other social media networks)
It was fun to step out of the brands I typically work for and try a project in a new style.
If you like these designs and want the assets for yourself, you can download them here:
Your download will include:
Design Files (Photoshop & Illustrator – Editable Files)
Insta Highlight Design Files
- 6 Photoshop files (blow dryer, eye, lipstick, nail polish, suitcase, t-shirt)
- 1 Illustrator file (with all icon vectors – can use this to change colours)
Insta Square Design Files
- 2 Photoshop files (Quotes with icons – editable text or background colour)
Insta Story Design Files
- 1 Photoshop file (1 Quote – editable text or background colour)
2 Fonts to Download
Images Provided (JPG’s) – Ready to Use
Insta Highlight Icons
- Blow Dryer (Hair)
- Eye (Make-Up)
- Lipstick (Lip Art)
- Nail Polish (Nail Art)
- Suitcase (Travel)
- T-Shirt (Fashion)
- 2 Instagram Squares (for your main Insta Feed/Grid)
- 1 Instagram Story (for your Instagram Story)
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns feel free to e-mail me at: